Explore Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, one of the Natural Wonders of the World, spending 2 days snorkeling the crystal clear waters, coming face to face with magnificent marine life.
Australia’s Best live-aboard “Reef Encounter” offers 2 wonderful days of snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef, departing from Cairns.
Offering guests a unique opportunity to enjoy the ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience as briefly or for as long as they want.
Reef Encounter offers something for everyone, whether it be to enjoy the sunset, sleep on the reef, snorkeling with time to really enjoy the unique beauty of the Great Barrier Reef and the marine life that lives there.
Our Liveaboard Snorkel tour can be enjoyed by people of all ages, even with limited swimming ability.
Reef Encounter offers all the luxury facilities of a reef resort while floating on the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef – making it one of the most unique holiday escapes in Australia.
………Feel like some extra special treatment during your reef holiday? Book this trip with the Top Deck Club.
Want to go scuba diving? Travel as a Resort Scuba Diver or add on one Resort Scuba Dive when booking.
- 2 days and 1 night on the Great Barrier Reef onboard Cairns Premier Liveaboard
- Time to enjoy the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef
- Chef Prepared Meals whilst onboard
- Spectacular Reef Sites
- On board Heated Spa
- Ocean View Rooms
Your 2 day Encounter Includes
- On board Chef Preparing quality meals daily (Dietary requirements catered for)
- Coffee, Tea, Milo
- Fresh fruits
- Snorkel Equipment and Instruction. (Fins, Mask and Snorkel)
- Marine Biologist Presentation on board Reef Experience on route to Reef Encounter
- Scuba Diving Demonstration and Instruction for Snorkellers (this is not a Scuba Dive only a demonstration)
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour with Marine Life Commentary
- Overnight luxury Stateroom Accommodation all rooms have ensuite
- Fully Air conditioned
- Bath and Beach Towels
- Snorkel at spectacular reef locations
- Government Reef Levies and Taxes
- Friendly professional Dive Instructors if you wish to try a Resort Scuba Dive (subject to Medical Conditions and Medication) Extra Cost
Reef Encounter Facilities
- Modern ocean-view rooms
- Private bathrooms
- Large dining area, bar & lounge area
- On board heated spa
- On board water desalination plant
- Hydraulic dive/ snorkel platform
2 Day Snorkel Itinerary
- 7:30 am Breakfast onboard Reef Experience – Marlin Jetty, Cairns
- 8:00 am Depart Marlin Jetty Marine Biologist Presentation Snorkel briefing
- 10:30 am Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef Transfer to Reef Encounter Snorkel Sun bake and relaxation time
- 12:00 pm Lunch Snorkel Sun bake and relaxation time
- 3:00 pm Cruise to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location Snorkel, Sun bake, and relaxation time Glass bottom boat tour
- 6:00 pm Dinner & Dessert
- 7:30 pm Relaxation time, stargazing, boardgames or a movie
- 6:30 am Snorkel Breakfast
- 8:30 am Snorkel
- 10:30 am Cruise to our next spectacular reef location Glass Bottom Boat Tours, Snorkeling, Sun baking Relaxation time
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1.00pm Snorkel, relax
- 3:.00 pm Transfer To Reef Experience – Direct Journey back to Cairns with Complimentary Wine and Cheese, fresh tropical fruits
- 4:30 pm Arrive Cairns
What to Bring
- Overnight bag – If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a “No Shoe” policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefore a light lo pullover, cardigan should be taken
- Introductory/Resort Scuba Dive
- Wetsuit hire
- Soft drinks, snacks etc
- Underwater Camera Hire
- Alcohol available on board – NO BYO
Book your Cairns liveaboard snorkel tour today
if you are interested in scuba diving Reef Encounter offers a free scuba dive demonstration for snorkellers where we put all the scuba gear on you and take you under the water if you love it you may choose to go on a resort scuba dive even if you have never scuba dived before.