A VIP Top Deck holiday is designed for people who wish to experience the best of the Great Barrier Reef in style. Much like First Class with an airline, it’s a trip that’s tailored to your personal needs and so everybody’s Top Deck experience will be specialized.
A crew member just for you! Your own Personal Valet providing an unbeatable level of customer care.
Whether it’s a professional in-water guide, breakfast in bed, a fountain of marine-life knowledge or all of the above, your personal crew member ensures your holiday flows the way you want it to.
From the moment you board until you wave goodbye, you can relax in the knowledge that all of your needs are taken care of.
The crew member will also be your personal referral dive instructor for the duration of your stay.
Reef Encounter is the pride of the Cairns liveaboard fleet, it is always moored on the outer reef, cruising to a different dive location twice a day, and we use our fast catamaran Reef Experience to transfer you to and from the Reef Encounter.
The Top Deck staterooms onboard are double bed and twin beds with private ensuite and large windows overlooking the Great Barrier Reef
This package departs daily from Cairns.
Your Top Deck Adventure Includes
- A Top Deck area reserved in the Captain’s wheelhouse for your journey to and from Reef Encounter, on our transfer vessel Reef Experience
- On journey to Reef Encounter you will be served breakfast to your table
- Top Deck Stateroom accommodation (Private Bathroom)
- Champagne and a fruit platter will await you upon arriva
- Personal Valet
- Breakfast served to your suite. Enjoy an Australian continental or cooked breakfast
- A deluxe three course evening meal, freshly prepared each night of your stay.
- Choose to dine privately under the stars or join the rest of the guests in the spacious dining saloon.
- Complimentary sunset cocktails
- local press coffee, tea, juices and fresh fruit
- 4 Training Day Scuba dives
- SSI International Open water certification
- You Personal Professional friendly Instructor
- Bed linen, towels and toiletries
- All Scuba Diving Equipment
- Evening Turn Down Service
- Snorkeling equipment
- Glass bottom boat tours
- Marine Biologist presentation
- All Government Reef Levies
- No need to check out early! On your day of departure Top Deck guests keep their cabin right up until the transfer vessel departs to take you back to Cairns.
SSI Training Facility
Reef Encounter is an SSI Accredited training facility and has been offering outstanding scuba diving on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef for over 30 years.
The dive crew at Reef Encounter are dive professionals with outstanding customer service to assist you with any aspect of your diving.
At Reef Encounter, the emphasis is on increased training in actual dive conditions.
A referral dive course is a course in which you conduct your pool and theory training with one dive school and your 4 open water training dives with another. T
Your referral dive course is held on board Reef Encounter 2 day 1 night liveaboard trip.As Reef Encounter is an SSI training facility, you will need to make sure that you have done your initial open water training with an SSI training facility or you are able to obtain a Universal Referral
SSI Referral Dive Requirements
- Open water dive referral paperwork
- Minimum age is 12 years (subject to a medical assessment).
- Children under the age of 15 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- A Dive medical to the Australian Standard AS4005-1 is required if you have any medical conditions or taking medication
- Australian medical standards are different to those overseas. Some medical conditions may preclude you from diving.
- Your health and safety is of paramount importance to our company Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the world – with the safest dive record in the world. Some Medical conditions and or medication may stop you from participating in Scuba Diving even if you are a certified diver.
- These include Asthma or wheezing, Brain spinal cord or nervous disorder, chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint, chronic sinus, collapsed lung, diabetes mellitis, most chest surgery, Epilepsy, Fainting, Seizure or blackouts, Heart Disease of any kind, recurrent ear problems when flying, tuberculosis or other lo lung disease and High blood pressure. Some prescription and non-prescription medications including some Malaria prevention tablets may prevent you from diving.
- If you are unsure of any medications or medical conditions please consult your Doctor – The Australian standard is Dive Medical A4005.1
- It is not our companies decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Top Deck Itinerary
|7.30am||Board Reef Experience, Cairns Marlin Jetty “A” Finger|
|8.00am||Depart Marlin Jetty|
|Breakfast on board|
|Marine Biologist Presentation Scuba Dive Snorkel briefing|
|10:30 am||Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef ~ Transfer to Reef Encounter|
|Snorkel, Sun bake and relaxation time|
|Referral Training Scuba Dive|
|3.00pm||Cruises to our next spectacular Outer Great Barrier Reef Location|
|Referral Training Scuba Dive|
|6.00pm||Dinner and Dessert|
|7.30pm||Relaxation time, stargazing, movie, board games|
|6.30am||Referral Training Dive|
|8.30am||Referral Training Dive|
|10.30am||Cruise to our next spectacular Reef location|
|Glass Bottom Boat Tours, Snorkeling, Sun baking, Relaxing time|
|3.00pm||transfer to Reef Experience Cruise tour returning to Cairns|
|Complimentary Wine and Cheese, fresh tropical fruits|
|4.30pm||Arrive back in Cairns|
What to Bring
Overnight bag – If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
Referral Paper work
Dive Medical if required
For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a “No Shoe” policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefore a light lo pullover, cardigan should be taken
Introductory/Resort Night Scuba Dive
Soft drinks, snacks etc
Underwater Camera Hire
Alcohol available on board – NO BYO