Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Liveaboard
Explore Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, one of the Natural Wonders of the World, spending 2 days snorkeling the crystal clear waters, coming face to face with magnificent marine life.
Reef Encounter offers something for everyone, whether it be to enjoy the sunset, sleep on the reef, snorkeling with time to really enjoy the unique beauty of the Great Barrier Reef and the marine life that lives there.
Our Liveaboard Snorkel tour can be enjoyed by people of all ages, even with limited swimming ability.
Time to snorkel! Reef Encounter has six water sessions a day so you can choose when you want to snorkel and when you want to relax or enjoy the other activities onboard.
Sunrise at the Reef One of the greatest attractions for choosing to sleep at the reef is the option to do a dawn snorkel. As in any eco system dusk and dawn are the busiest times of the day and many of the crew will tell you that it’s the best time to be in the water! Can you imagine a better way to begin your day than watching the sun come up over the ocean and going for a morning splash?
Experienced swimmer or snorkeler? Our crew will show you to the best patches of coral and can tell you where to find the marine marvels that call the reef their home.
Never snorkelled before? Need some assistance in the water? Our friendly and professional team are always ready to jump in and assist everybody to have fun and enjoy the magic that the reef has to offer, ensuring that you are comfortable with your equipment and introduce you to some of our friendly fish!
Buoyancy aids such as snorkelling vests, wetsuits and noodles maintain all the freedom of movement while comfortably allowing you to stay at the surface and observe the marine life beneath.
- 2 days and 1 night on the Great Barrier Reef onboard Cairns Premier Liveaboard “Reef Encounter”
- Time to enjoy the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef
- Chef Prepared Meals whilst onboard
- Spectacular Reef Sites
- On board Heated Spa
- Ocean View Rooms
Your 2 day Encounter Includes
- On board Chef Preparing quality meals daily (Dietary requirements catered for)
- Coffee, Tea, Milo whilst boat is stationary
- Fresh fruits available during the day
- Snorkel Equipment and Instruction. (Fins, Mask and Snorkel)
- Marine Biologist Presentation on board Reef Experience en route to Reef Encounter
- Scuba Diving Demonstration and Instruction for Snorkellers (this is not a Scuba Dive only a Scuba demonstration)
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour with Marine Life Commentary
- Overnight Stateroom Accommodation all rooms have private bathroom
- Fully Air conditioned
- Bath and Beach Towels
- Snorkel at spectacular reef locations
- Government Reef Levies and Taxes
- Friendly professional Dive Instructors if you wish to try a Resort Scuba Dive (subject to Medical Conditions and Medication) Extra Cost
Reef Encounter Facilities
- Fully Air-conditioning Vessel
- Ocean-view rooms
- Private bathrooms
- Large dining area, bar & lounge area
- On board heated spa
- On board water desalination plant
- Hydraulic dive/ snorkel platform
2 Day Snorkel Itinerary
Itinerary can change slightly due to seasons and weather conditions
- 7:30 am Breakfast onboard Reef Experience – Marlin Jetty, Cairns
- 8:00 am Depart Marlin Jetty Marine Biologist Presentation Snorkel briefing
- 10:30 am Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef Transfer to Reef Encounter – Snorkel, Sun bake and relaxation time
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Snorkel Sun bake and relaxation time
- 3:00 pm Cruise to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location – Snorkel, Sun bake, and relaxation time Glass bottom boat tour
- 6:00 pm Dinner & Dessert
- 7:30 pm Relaxation time, stargazing, board games or a movie
- 6:30 am Snorkel before Breakfast
- 8:00 am Room Checkout – Luggage to transfer Room (depart Reef Encounter 3.00pm)
- 8:30 am Snorkel
- 10:30 am Cruise to our next spectacular reef location Glass Bottom Boat Tours, Snorkeling, Sun baking Relaxation time
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Snorkel, relax
- 3:00 pm Transfer To Reef Experience – Direct Journey back to Cairns with Complimentary Wine and Cheese, fresh tropical fruits
- 4:30 pm Arrive Cairns
What to Bring
- Overnight bag – If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a “No Shoe” policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefore a light pullover, cardigan should be taken
- Introductory/Resort Scuba Dive
- Wetsuit hire
- Soft drinks, snacks etc
- Underwater Camera Hire
- Alcohol available on board – Reef Encounter is a Licenced Vessel so NO BYO
Book your Cairns liveaboard Snorkel Adventure today!
if you are interested in scuba diving Reef Encounter offers a free scuba dive demonstration for snorkellers where we put all the scuba gear on you and take you under the water if you love it you may choose to go on a resort scuba dive even if you have never scuba dived before.