Australia’s Great Barrier Reef at its best
Experience Australia’s Great Barrier Reef in Style
Top Deck Club style With your own personal Great Barrier Reef guide of course
Situated on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Cairns, Reef Encounter – Australia’s only floating luxury boutique hotel offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the ultimate reef experience!
Whether you’re planning a romantic escape, honeymoon or anniversary, Reef Encounter’s Top Deck Club Reef Sleep package offers an unhurried, relaxed ambience and provides the ultimate indulgence package on the Great Barrier Reef.
The Top Deck Club is designed to meet the expectations of the most discerning of guests, offering an unhurried, relaxed ambience for a short getaway or a relaxed, extended escape.
Reef Encounter is for anyone who wishes to experience the Great Barrier Reef -whether it be to enjoy the sunset, sleep on the reef, snorkeling with time to really to enjoy the beauty and uniqueness of the quality reef and marine life or for those mad keen scuba divers who want to explore everything under the water!
Upon arrival guests are greeted by the friendly crew and invited to share delicious local fruit platters and a glass of Australian champagne.
The modern staterooms have a private ensuite and are spacious and air-conditioned with ample space for clothes and luggage.
The perfect Reef Sleep has staterooms that offer luxurious touches such as crisp Australian bed linen, silk doona, cotton sheets and feather down pillows adorn our oversized double beds.
Soft fluffy robes, plush bath sheets and large windows overlooking the spectacular Great Barrier Reef.
The magic begins each day when the reef awakens.
Perhaps an early morning scuba dive, a revitalising swim or relaxing spa will entice interest.
When the day draws to a close, majestic sunsets fill the sky with a stunning golden glaze allowing a breath taking backdrop for the end of the day; a romantic evening under the stars in paradise awaits.
All gourmet meals are freshly prepared onboard allowing our chef to provide interesting and unique culinary delights with local Australian and exotic ingredients accompanied by a fine selection of Australian wines and beers.
If ever there is perfect time to relax, it is in the Top Deck Club on Reef Encounter! Reef Encounter offers all the luxury facilities of a reef resort while floating on the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef – making it one of the most unique holiday escapes in Australia.
The vessel is a 35 metre luxury catamaran designed for the utmost stability and comfort at sea.
At Reef Encounter guests can access un-spoilt reefs shared by a maximum of 42 people at any one time, assisted by a dedicated, multi-lingual crew.
Daily transfers to Reef Encounter provide unbeatable flexibility and are available via a 90 minute fast catamaran boat ride from Cairns or a stunning helicopter trip over the Great Barrier Reef landing on Reef Encounter’s onboard helicopter pad – a service that no other vessel can provide!
Your Top Deck Inclusions
- Top Deck Club Stateroom with Ensuite Bathroom
- No need to check out early! On your day of departure Top Deck guests keep their cabin right up until the time you depart Reef Encounter.
- Personal Valet service
- Champagne on arrival (if you are entering the water after arriving Champagne will be after all water sessions)
- Snorkel Tours guided by your Top Deck Attendant
- All Scuba Diving Equipment including Wetsuit and Night Torch (additional cost for scuba diving)
- Breakfast served in your room
- Sunset cocktails
- On board Chef preparing all meals Coffee, Tea, Water, fresh fruits available at all times
- Turn down service
- Fluffy Bathrobes
- Romantic dinners under the stars (weather permitting)
- Reef Video and Marine Biologist presentation on board Reef Experience
- Bath and Beach Towels
- Government Reef Taxes and Levies
Reef Encounter Facilities
- Air conditioning
- Modern Ocean-View rooms
- Private Bathrooms
- Large Dining Area,
- Bar and Lounge area
- On board heated spa
- On board water desalination Plant
- Hydraulic dive/Snorkel Platform
- Large Sundeck
Important Additional Information
- Reef Encounter stays out and Cruises to different Reef Sites on the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
- Transfers from Cairns, Marina is by our Day Boat Reef Experience with a 90-minute boat journey to Reef Encounter
- Reef Encounter Top Deck departs every day of the year subject to availability
- Cabins on board Reef Encounter Are Double (1 Double Bed) and Twin share (2 Single Beds). When booking please advise your rooming preference.
- Infants pricing is to the age of 3 years ( a cot is provided)
- Please advise any Dietary requirements
What to Bring
- Overnight bag – If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a “No Shoe” policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefore a light lo pullover, cardigan should be taken
- Underwater cameras
- Resort/Introductory Diving
- Soft drinks, Alcoholic drinks and snacks from the bar
- Alcohol available on board – NO BYO
Your Reef Encounter Itinerary
|7:30 am||Breakfast onboard Reef Experience, Marlin Jetty “A” Finger, Cairns. Meet your Top Deck Attendant.|
|8:00 am||Depart Marlin Jetty|
|Marine Biologist Presentation|
|9:30 am||Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef ~ Transfer to Reef Encounter|
|10:30 am||Snorkel Session – Sun bake and relax|
|12 Noon||Buffet Lunch|
|1:30 pm||Snorkel Session – Relaxation time|
|3:00 pm||Cruise to our next Outer Great Barrier Reef Location|
|3:30 pm||Snorkel Session – Relaxation Time|
|5:30 pm||Sunset Cocktails|
|6:30 pm||Dinner under the stars (weather permitting)|
|7:30 pm||Night scuba dive (if you wish to try (extra cost)|
|Relaxation time, Stargazing, boardgames or movie|
|6:30 am||Early Morning Snorkel Session|
|7:30 am||Breakfast served in your Cabin|
|8:00 am||Cruise to next Outer Great Barrier Reef Site|
|8:30 am||Snorkel session|
|10:30 am||Snorkel session|
|12:00 pm||Buffet Lunch|
|1:30 pm||Snorkel Session, Glass Bottom Boat Tour – Sunbake – Relax|
|3:00 pm||Transfer from Reef Encounter to Reef Experience|
|Wine, Cheese and Tropical Fruit Platters on return Journey|
|4:30 pm||Arrive at Marlin Marina Cairns|
|Itineraries can change slightly due to different Seasons|
Spoil yourself and book your Top Deck Adventure today!