3 Day Reef and Daintree Rainforest
There is only 1 place in the World where 2 World Heritage sites sit side by side so how about experiencing them both in our 3 day tour
Spending 2 days and 1 night on the best liveaboard on the Great Barrier Reef “Reef Encounter” and 1 day discovering the beautiful Daintree Rainforest.
Stay on our Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard on Day 1 and 2
The Ultimate way to see one of Australia’s Remarkable gifts, the “Great Barrier Reef”.
Live and sleep on the Reef and see it at its best, day and night.
Step aboard Cairns Liveaboard Reef Encounter.
Reef Encounter is a “Floating Boutique Hotel” and is for everyone – whether you want to snorkel, Scuba Dive or just relax and enjoy the cruise.
During your 2 day and 1 night stay you will be experience the breathtaking beauty of the worlds largest coral system and get up close and personal with the abundance of Marine life.
Your 2 day Great Barrier Reef tour provides you with unlimited snorkelling at different Reef Sites, with all snorkelling equipment and tuition, air conditioned Stateroom accommodation with private bathroom.
Our Chef prepared meals whilst on board will truly delight you. Coffee, Tea, Milo, Water and fruits available for all guests free of charge.
On-board heated spa to relax and take in your day along with a large sun deck
Reef Encounter stays out on the Great Barrier Reef travelling to different Reef Sites.
Transfers to Reef Encounter are daily via our Transfer Vessel Reef Experience.
Your 2 day Great Barrier Reef Cruise Includes
Departs Cairns Marina Daily 8.00 am via Transfer Vessel Reef Experience(boarding 7.30 am)
Returns daily 4.30 pm
- All Chef prepared meals including Coffee, Tea, Milo, Water
- Snorkel Equipment and Instruction. (Wetsuits not included)
- Marine Biologist Presentation and Reef Video presentation on Reef Experience while transferring
- Scuba Diving Demonstration and Instruction
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour and Marine Life Commentary
- Overnight luxury Stateroom all rooms have ensuites
- Fully Air conditioned
- Snorkel at spectacular reef locations; including Michaelmas Cay, Hastings Reef, Saxon Reef, Norman Reef
- Friendly, professional Crew
- Government Reef Tax
What to Bring
- Small overnight bag
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Swimming Costume
- cash or credit card
Day 2 – Daintree Rainforest
- Departs Daily for your accommodation at between 7.00 -7.30 am
- Returns approximately 6.30 pm
Today you will be heading to the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest. Magnificent coastal rainforest and pristine tropical beaches stretching from the sugar town of Mossman to the Bloomfield River and all within 3 hours from Cairns.
Travelling in a small group of 9 from Cairns to Cape Tribulation (the headlands of the Daintree Rainforest) along one of the most scenic coastal roads in Australia.
During your day you will pass through one of Cairns most beautiful beach suburbs of Palm Cove.
Continuing your journey north stopping at Rex lookout for views back over towards the mountains of the Great Dividing Range.
Onto the seaside village of Port Douglas, enjoying a tour around town plus flagstaff hill overlooking four mile beach and the historical St Marys by the Sea.
On the road again to the southern edge of the Daintree National Park – the magical “Mossman Gorge”. Surrounded by lush rainforest, where the clear mountain river cuts through thick rainforest and tumbles over boulders on its journey to the sea.
Enjoy a morning tea of bush scones then a guided walk in dense tropical rainforest.
Heading further north towards the Daintree Tea House for a delicious lunch in a setting unlike any other.
After Lunch you will join a small and personalised tour on the Daintree River.
Your Daintree river cruise will take you through the domain of the large estuarine crocodiles.
Egrets wade near mangroves in the murky water of the river where the crocodile’s wait patiently for a meal.
Look for pythons, tree snakes, butterflies and lots of other wildlife on this cruise.
Crossing the mighty Daintree River on a cable ferry, you are now entering the Cape Tribulation section of the Daintree national park.
This is where it all begins to change. You will feel like you have entered a different world with Rainforest towering over narrow winding roads.
Stopping at Alexandra lookout where you will have to opportunity for some stunning photographs.
You’re Daintree rainforest tour will include:
- Breathtaking views of the Coral Sea on the Scenic Coast Road
- Drive through Palm Cove
- Port Douglas Town Tour
- Guided tour of Mossman Gorge
- Daintree River Cable Ferry
- Alexandra Lookout – Coastal views over the Daintree River mouth, Low Isles and Snapper island
- Morning tea at Mossman Gorge
- Daintree Ice Cream Company (Optional stop)
- Cape Tribulation lookout and beach – Where the Rainforest meets the Reef
- A delicious lunch at the Daintree Tea House
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting
- Daintree River Cruise – Wildlife and crocodile spotting
- Friendly and knowledgeable Tour Guides
- Chilled bottled water on board
What to bring on your 3 Day Reef and Daintree Experience
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Cash for optional purchases