Cairns Best Liveaboard Experience
Discover the magic of the Great Barrier Reef with our 4 day Top Deck Resort Dive Package – with your own personal Great Barrier Reef Top Deck Attendant who will ensure your holiday flows just the way you want it to.
Our Top Deck Club Resort Dive package is tailored to your personal needs offering an unhurried, relaxed ambience while providing an unbeatable level of customer care.
Your Valet who will be an experienced Dive Instructor will be right by your side when you Scuba Dive to a maximum of 12 metres exploring the magic of the Great Barrier Reef.
From the moment you board until you wave goodbye, you can relax in the knowledge that all of your needs are taken care of.
11 daytime Scuba Dives at various beautiful outer Great Barrier Reef sites are included in your 4 day Top Deck Resort Dive adventure.
Reef Encounter has specialised in taking people scuba diving who have never scuba dived before for over 20 years and it may surprise you that we even take people who cannot swim scuba diving!
About Resort Scuba Diving
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. For Top deck passengers you have your own experienced Dive Instructor, which will be your Top Deck Attendant. Resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone try a resort dive? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive (See Medical Conditions). The Minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world.
Please be aware that Some Medical Conditions or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities.
To prevent disappointment on-the day, If you wish to partake in our Introductory/Resort Scuba dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
- Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Crones Disease
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- High blood pressure
- Ear Surgery
- Fainting Seizures or blackouts
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
- Any illness or operation within the last month
- Perforated eardrum
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions that I not listed.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater. These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions.If you have existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Your Top Deck Inclusions
- Luxury Accommodation (ensuite)
- Personal Valet Service
- Champagne on arrival
- Breakfast served to your room
- Sunset cocktails
- Evening Turn down service
- Fluffy Bathrobes
- Romantic dinners under the stars (weather permitting)
- Private Snorkel/ Dive guide available at all times
- On-board Chef preparing all meals
- Coffee, tea and fresh fruits
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- All Scuba Diving equipment and Instruction
- 11 Daytime Resort Scuba Dives
- Glass bottom boat tours
- Reef video presentation on-board Reef Experience
- Marine Biologist presentation on Reef Experience
- Bath Towels and Beach Towels
- Government Reef Taxes and Levies
|7:30 am||Breakfast onboard Reef Experience, Marlin Jetty “A” Finger, Cairns. Meet your Top Deck Attendant|
|8:00 am||Depart Marlin Jetty|
|Marine Biologist Presentation|
|Scuba Dive and Snorkel briefing|
|9:30 am||Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef ~ Transfer to Reef Encounter|
|10:30 am||Snorkel, Sun bake and relaxation time|
|1:30 pm||Resort Scuba Dive 1 and Snorkel Session|
|3:00 pm||Cruise to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location|
|3:30 pm||Resort Scuba Dive 2 and Snorkel Session|
|5:30 pm||Sunset Cocktails|
|6:30 pm||Dinner Under the Stars or Sunset depending on seasons|
|7:30 pm||Optional – Resort Night Dive (additional Cost)|
|7:30 pm||Relaxation time, star watching, board games, movies|
|6:30 am||Early Morning Resort Scuba Dive #3|
|8:00 am||Cruise to our next spectacular Reef location|
|Resort Dive #4
|1:30 pm||Snorkel Session|
|3:00 pm||Cruise to our next spectacular reef location|
|3:30 pm||Resort Dive #5|
|6:30 pm||Dinner under the Stars or Sunset depend on seasons (weather permitting)|
|7:30 pm||Optional Introductory resort night dive at extra expense|
|8:00 pm||Relaxation time, star watching, board games, movies|
|7:00 am||Early Morning Resort Dive #6|
|8:00 am||Cruise to our next spectacular Reef Location|
|8:30 am||Resort Dive #7|
|10:30 am||Snorkel and relax|
|1:30 pm||Resort Dive #8|
|3:00 pm||Cruise to our next spectacular reef location|
|3:30 pm||Snorkel or lounge on a deck chair|
|6:30 pm||Dinner under the stars|
|7:30 pm||Optional Night Resort Dive – Extra expense|
|Relaxation time, star watching, board games, movies|
|6:30 am||Resort Dive #9|
|8:00 am||cruises to our next Spectacular Reef Location|
|8:30 am||Resort Dive #10|
|10:30 am||Resort Dive #11|
|1:30 pm||Cruise tour to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location|
|Relax and get ready to transfer|
|3:00 pm||Transfer to Reef Experience|
|Complimentary Wine and Cheese, fresh tropical fruits|
|4:30 pm||Arrive Marlin Marina Cairns|
|Itineraries can change slightly due to seasons – Resort Dive sessions can be organised to suit you|
- Bus transfers to and from your accommodation to the Marina
- Bar purchases – soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Scenic Helicopter flight to or from Reef Encounter
- Prescription masks
What to Bring
- Overnight bag – If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a “No Shoe” policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefore a light lo pullover, cardigan should be taken