Did you know you could do part of your SSI Open Water Diver course before you get to the Reef?
Want to make the most of your diving holiday and spend more time exploring the Great Barrier Reef? Consider completing part of your SSI Open Water Diver course before you arrive. By completing the theory and pool training at home, you’ll be able to finish the course in just 4 dives on the Reef and start your new hobby as a diver right away.
At Reef Encounter, we offer the flexibility to complete your dive training with us, so you can make the most of your time on the Great Barrier Reef. Sign up for our course and start your diving journey today!
|Class Size||Stateroom – 4 Students to 1 Dive Instructor|
|Top Deck – Private Instructor to your booking party|
- Complete all academic sections
- Pass the Open water Exam
- Complete all the pool/confined water sessions
- Have all your referral paperwork completed, signed and less than 12 months old. It would be helpful to have this scanned and emailed to our office beforehand so we can make sure everything is in order and ready for your course
- If you have any medical conditions, are taking any medication or are 45 years or older you need to get an Australian dive medical before coming onboard please click here to complete our scuba dive questionnaire to see if you do need a dive medical
Why do a Scuba Dive Referral course?
A Scuba Dive Referral course is a flexible way to complete your dive certification. By starting the course in one location and finishing it in another, you can tailor the program to suit your needs and schedule.
Reasons for doing a referral course can include:
- Time constraints or bad weather that may have disrupted your previous course
- The desire to get more comfortable with the equipment and the water before diving in the ocean
- A last-minute decision to become certified before a planned holiday.
At Reef Encounter, we understand the importance of flexibility and we are here to help you become a certified diver and start exploring the underwater world as soon as possible. With our skilled and knowledgeable instructors, you can be sure that your referral course will be a success.
What to expect?
When you arrive at Reef Encounter, you’ll have the opportunity to complete a resort dive. This is a fun dive where you’ll only need to perform two basic skills: clearing your mask and clearing your regulator. It’s also a great way for our instructors to assess your skills in the water and ensure you are comfortable before starting the referral course.
The referral course itself is quick and easy, with only 4 training dives required, which can be completed in just a day and a half. The training dives will include a review of the skills you’ve already learned in your pool sessions, and extra practice on any areas where you may need more experience.
Dives last around 30-40 minutes, and the skills only take up a small portion of that time, so the rest of the dive is for exploration and fun.
Our experienced instructors will guide you through the course and show you the best of the reef, and once you’re certified, you’ll be able to dive 4 times a day, including a night dive. You can also hire one of our expert guides (at an additional cost) to help you make the most of your newfound hobby and explore the reef even further.