Great Barrier Reef liveaboard with an extra touch of luxury
The best way to see the Great Barrier Reef is on our Top Deck Club liveaboard. From the start of your liveaboard adventure to the moment you step off the boat.
The Top Deck Club ensures a relaxing Reef liveaboard vacation with excellent service styled your way!
While onboard, you have your own valet to look after you.
You’ll stay in the best rooms onboard, with additional Top Deck inclusions.
What is the Top Deck Club?
Our Top Deck liveaboard is designed for people who want to enjoy the best of the Great Barrier Reef in style! It’s a trip tailored to your personal needs, much like ‘first-class’ on an airline, so everyone’s Top Deck experience will be exceptional.
The Top Deck package includes many additional luxuries, such as a dedicated personal valet, late check-out times, and deluxe three-course evening meals, in addition to an unmatched level of customer service.
A personal valet
Whether it’s a private scuba/snorkel tour with a professional in-water guide. In addition to a wealth of knowledge about marine life. Your personal crew member ensures that your vacation runs as smoothly as possible.
From the moment you board until you wave goodbye, you can rest assured that all of your needs will be met.
Each night of your stay, a deluxe three-course evening meal will be freshly prepared by our onboard Chef*.
You can dine privately under the stars or with the other guests in the spacious dining saloon.
Enjoy a continental or cooked breakfast prepared to your specifications, or join the other guests for a buffet-style breakfast served in the dining saloon*.
Enjoy ocean views from the sundeck or outdoor hot tub while sipping a cocktail and watching the sunset over the sparkling Coral Sea.
*Our chef will accommodate all dietary needs of our guests. Please let our helpful staff know if you have any special requests when making your reservation.
- The best rooms on the boat
- Personal valet, a personal crew member will be assigned to you for the duration of your liveaboard tour. This ensures a personalised reef vacation, styled your way!
- Late check-out after 2 pm. You stay in your cabin until you depart the Outer Reef.
- Large en-suite cabins with unobstructed views of the Coral Sea, crisp Australian bed linen, plush bathrobes, towels, and toiletries for superior comfort
- When you arrive, you’ll be greeted with champagne and a fruit platter. *If you’re going swimming or diving, your complimentary champagne will be served with your evening meal.
- A cabin turndown service in the evening
- On the cruise back to Cairns, enjoy a complimentary glass of wine and a cheese and fruit platter.
- Luxurious liveaboard accommodation with private ensuite
- Delicious chef-prepared meals
- Snorkel and scuba diving equipment
- Private guided in-water tours – Tailored specifically to your ability and comfort level
- Spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef dive sites
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Marine biology presentation on the way to the Outer Reef
- Helicopter Transfer
- Introductory dive
- Professional photographs
- Scuba lessons
- Barista coffee
What to bring
- Light jacket
- Travel voucher
- Certification card and logbook for certified divers
- Cash or credit card for onboard extras
Note: Reef Encounter is a barefoot experience.
How to get there
Reef Encounter is always on the Great Barrier Reef.
Our sister ship Reef Experience provides daily transfers (included in the tariff) to Reef Encounter on the outer Great Barrier Reef.
Guests board Reef Experience at Marlin Jetty, Finger A, Cairns. Boarding begins at 7:30 a.m.
On your final day, Reef Experience will return you to Cairns between 4 and 4:30 p.m.
Helicopter Transfers (optional extra)
Reef Encounter has its own helipad, so if you want to add some magic to your stay, you can take a spectacular scenic flight.
For Scuba Divers
This information is for all guests participating in scuba diving activities during your Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard Tour.
Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. Therefore you must understand Queensland’s scuba diving laws.
Great Barrier Reef liveaboard boats are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules, including the requirements for a dive medical, where applicable, as required by law.
Please complete our dive medical questionnaire as some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef tour.
If you have any questions, we will be delighted to assist you.
Please get in touch with our office on +61 7 4037 2700 or email our helpful team today.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Queensland Dive Medical using the Australian QLD Standard Form AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
Plan your travel itinerary. Do not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after scuba diving for a single no decompression scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.