Click ‘Book’ to select your arrival and departure dates – and then choose your desired activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling or enrol on a dive course.
From the very beginning of your trip to the moment you step off the boat…
The Top Deck Club is the ultimate way to enjoy an unbeatable time at the Outer Great Barrier Reef…
Ideal for couples looking for a luxury getaway vacation, groups who enjoy a bit of the VIP treatment or anyone who desires personalised in-water care.
The VIP Top Deck Club guarantees a relaxing reef holiday, styled your way!
What is the Top Deck Club?
Fantastic service – A VIP Top Deck holiday is designed for people who wish to experience the best of the Great Barrier Reef in style! Much like ‘first-class’ with an airline, it’s a trip that’s tailored to your personal needs and so everybody’s Top Deck experience will be specialised.
Providing an unbeatable level of customer care, the Top Deck package comes with many additional luxuries including (but not limited to) a dedicated personal valet, late check-out times and deluxe three-course evening meals. Read on for more exclusive Top Deck services…
A crew member just for you! Whether it’s a professional in-water guide for private scuba/snorkel tours, a fountain of marine-life knowledge or all of the above, your personal crew member ensures your holiday flows the way you want it to.
From the moment you board until you wave goodbye, you can relax in the knowledge that all of your needs are taken care of.
- The best rooms on the boat
- Check In Time: 10.00am
- Check Out Time: 2.00pm
- Spacious en-suite cabins with uninterrupted ocean views, crisp Australian bed linen, plush bathrobes, towels and toiletries
- Champagne and a fruit platter await you upon arrival*
- An evening turndown service for your cabin
- Towels and toiletries are replenished
- *If you’re getting in the water, complimentary champagne will be served with your evening meal instead
- A deluxe three-course evening meal, freshly prepared by our onboard Chef each night of your stay*
- Choose to dine privately under the stars or join the rest of the guests in the spacious dining saloon
- Enjoy an Australian continental or cooked breakfast served to you just the way you like it, or join the rest of the guests for a buffet-style breakfast served in the dining saloon*
- Complimentary sunset cocktails
- Appreciate ocean views from the sundeck or outdoor hot-tub as you sip a chilled Australian cocktail while watching the sunset over the sparkling Coral Sea …the perfect setting for photography lovers!
- Late check-out times! On your day of departure, Top Deck guests keep their cabin right up until the transfer vessel departs to take you back to Cairns
- On the voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to a marine biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Top Deck guests can also enjoy a selection of local press coffee, tea and juices
- On the journey back into the Cairns Marina enjoy a complimentary glass of wine and a cheese and fruit platter
How to Get There
Your transfer vessel, Reef Experience, departs from Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’
Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30pm
Where Can I Park?
There are a number of parking stations throughout Cairns that are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where.
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire prior to booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at email@example.com
Or alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba DivingFor a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible
*All dietary requirements will be met. Please advise our friendly team of any special requests upon booking.
- The opportunity to stay on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is a highlight that everyone should choose.
- Interact with thousands of brightly coloured fish and coral
- Delicious meals
- Night dive for those who are game there is plenty of action at night on the reef.
Top Deck Club Packages Include
- Top Deck Club accommodation including ensuite
- Delicious chef-prepared meals
- personal valet
- dinner under the stars
- breakfast in bed
- sunset cocktails
- late checkout
- evening turndown service
- snorkel and scuba diving equipment
- Sleep on the Great Barrier Reef with Reef Encounter, Cairns best Great Barrier Reef liveaboard
- A personal crew member for the duration of your liveaboard tour. This guarantees a personalised reef holiday, styled your way!
- Late check-out times. Top Deck Club guests keep their private cabin until departing Reef Encounter
- Private guided in-water tours – Tailored specifically to your ability and comfort level to ensure you get the most out of your Great Barrier Reef liveaboard!
- Superior Comfort – See “Top Deck Club Great Barrier Reef Accommodation” below
- VIP Meals – See “Top Deck Club Dining” below
- A variety of spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef locations during your stay
- Glass bottom boat tour
- On the voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to an informative Marine Biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Free luggage storage facility available at their offices in the Cairns City
- Daily transfers to the liveaboard vessel via a fast catamaran boat mean you can depart for your Top Deck Club liveaboard tour on a date that suits you – and stay as long as you desire. (Scenic Great Barrier Reef helicopter transfers to or from your liveaboard tour are an optional extra).
- introductory dive
- professional photographs
- scuba lessons
- barista coffee
What to bring
- Reef Encounter is a barefoot product.
- light jacket
- casual resort wear
- For scuba divers
- certification card
How to get there
Reef Encounter is positioned on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
How to get to Reef Encounter?
The first option if via our transfer vessel Reef Experience that departs Cairns daily at 8 am.
The second option is via a spectacular scenic helicopter flight over the Great Barrier and landing directly onboard Reef Encounter’s exclusive helipad.
Important information for scuba divers
- This information is for all guests participating in scuba diving activities during your Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard Tour.
- Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. Please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws in Queensland, Australia.
- Great Barrier Reef liveaboard boats are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including the requirements for a dive medical, where applicable, as required by law.
- To avoid disappointment on your liveaboard tour – we strongly recommend that all passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef tour.
- We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on +61 7 4037 2700 or email our helpful team today.
- Alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Queensland Dive Medical using the Australian QLD Standard Form AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
- You should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive for a single no decompression scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.