The Kuranda scenic railway is a spectacular journey with stunning views of our heritage listed rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls as it winds its way on a journey of approximately 90 minutes up the Macalister Range from Cairns to Kuranda Village.
Sit back and relax as you travel through 15 hand made tunnels and over 37 bridges and learn about the pioneering history of our Tropical North.
When you arrive in Kuranda village, enjoy free time exploring the markets, cafes, and galleries. With a visit to Rainforestation to complete your day.
Included in your day
- Bus Transfers from your Cairns Accommodation to Freshwater Station
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Time in Kuranda Village
- Rainforestation Nature Park
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour
- Koala & Wildlife Park
- BBQ Buffet Lunch
- Bus Transfer from Kuranda to Cairns
- 7.30am (approx) Pickup from your Cairns City Accommodation
- 8:50am Travel Kuranda Scenic Railway.
- 10:15am Arrive Kuranda Railway Station.
- 11:45am Please be at the bus stop outside the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to transfer to Rainforestation Nature Park
- Lunch. Enjoy a delicious hot and cold Buffet with wide selection of salads, cheeses and fruits.
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard. • Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience.
- learn to throw a boomerang and watch spear-throwing and didgeridoo playing.
- Koala & Wildlife Park. Join a guided tour if you wish or wander and see crocodiles, wombats, snakes, dingoes and a cassowary, and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies.
- You’ll have the opportunity to have your photo taken cuddling a Koala or holding a small crocodile (additional cost)
- 5:30pm Arrive at your Cairns accommodation