SSI Stress and Rescue course will enhance your skill & safety in the water
Scuba diving is a thrilling and exciting activity, but it’s also important to prioritize safety and be prepared for unexpected situations. The SSI Stress and Rescue course can help you do just that.
This comprehensive course will enhance your skills and knowledge in preventing accidents and handling emergency situations. You will learn how to look after yourself and your dive buddy, ensuring a safe and enjoyable diving experience.
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded the internationally recognized SSI Stress & Rescue Diver certification, which is valid across the globe. With this certification, you will have the confidence and ability to handle any situation that may arise while diving.
|Class Size||Stateroom – 4 Students to 1 Dive Instructor|
|Top Deck – Private Instructor to your booking party|
Take the first step in becoming a more confident and responsible diver. Enroll in the SSI Stress and Rescue course today and elevate your diving experience!
This course package includes four days (3 nights) accommodation on our liveaboard boat.
- Online training materials provided
- Specialty instructor and up to 14 scuba dives, including both training dives and fun dives
- 3 days and 2 nights onboard Reef Encounter
- Scuba equipment
- Internationally recognised digital certification card
- What Is Stress?
- Stress In Diving: Causes And Prevention
- Detecting And Dealing With Stress
- Accident Management
- Skills Needed To Deal With Panic And Rescues
- Conditions That Complicate Rescues
- You must be certified as an SSI Open Water Diver or equivalent with a minimum of 12 logged dives
- You must hold current First Aid, CPR, and Oxygen Provider certifications from a recognised authority. These courses can be conducted at First Aid Academy in Cairns and takes a day to complete.
Online Theory Training
Upon booking your course, you’ll be provided with an email that contains instructions on how to access the online theory training. The training can be completed on your computer, device or smartphone, and it’s designed to be user-friendly and accessible. The theory training can be done offline and you are not required to have an internet connection, this way you can complete it in your own time and pace.
The knowledge you will gain from the online theory training will be reviewed by your scuba dive Instructor on the boat, to ensure you have a good understanding of the material and are prepared for the practical component of the course.
By completing the theory portion of the SSI Stress & Rescue course before starting the practical component, you’ll be well-prepared and ready to take on the challenges of being a stress & rescue diver.